General Session Minutes
October 7, 2002
Sunrise at Wigwam Homeowners Association
PO BOX 25466
TEMPE, AZ 85285
- Keith called meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Board members in attendance; Keith Brown and Kate Bezzegh. Peri Swenson - Kinney Management.
- August's meeting minutes were approved. Regarding issues from the last meeting, Peri reviewed what accounted for the $1700 landscape contract service fee from the June 30, 2002 Financial Statement.
- Review of Financial Statement dated August 31, 2002. Delinquent Residential is the collected versus uncollected fees. If after the 15th of the month, then goes on next month's report. There are 397 homes that each are charged $33 a month.
- Several issues were brought up by Homeowners in Open Discussion.
- Common area landscaping concerns:
- Loose trash is not being picked up.
- Homeowners would like to ensure that the landscapers are doing what is expected from them. Homeowners would like to have the landscape contract available for people who would like to review it. Peri will mail out a copy of the landscaping contracts to those who make a request.
- Homeowners don't feel that they should be paying for the replacement of dead plants.
- The bushes and roadside areas are not looking good. Weeds are not being cleaned up.
- There was a suggestion made to possibly change or terminate the contract altogether. Possibility of bidding out?
- Who is responsible for the area around the mailboxes?
- The installation of the pump is complete. If the electrical panel has a red light it indicates a malfunction of pump. A sign with a contact phone number will be posted.
- Overseeding of grass areas will begin in next week. It was be around a month before any results will be seen. The plant/tree replacements will be done after overseeding.
- Homeowners would like to see a faster response from the contractor with regards to storm damage and complaints.
- There was concern about a truck that was recently stolen. Increase awareness of your surroundings, get to know your neighbor or organize a neighborhood crime watch.
- Street parking is a difficult issue to address. Street parking is allowed during the day, however, overnight street parking is not allowed. There are persistent abusers of the street parking. These ongoing occurrences need to be documented and reported to the Management Company. Possibility of night tours?
- There is a hole at 143rd and Clarendon where a drainage pipe has been installed. When can it be finished and is the grading correct? Question as to whom is liable for any accidents. Peri will call the contractor and find out why it is taking so long. The problem needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Suggestion to have dog waste bag stations at the park
- Adjournment at 7:45 p.m.