General Session Minutes
January 14, 2004
Sunrise at Wigwam Homeowners Association
PO BOX 25466
TEMPE, AZ 85285
- Call to order at 7:12 p.m. Attendance is as follows:
Keith Brown, Keith Edwards, Glen Foulk, Mike Hathorne, Michael Pacholke, Peri Swenson- Kinney Management.
- Guest Speakers: Mayor Jim Cavanaugh and Neighborhood and Volunteer Manager Liliana Schuett.
- Approval of General Meeting Minutes from the November 12, 2003 was accepted.
- Review of Income Statement dated December 31, 2003 was accepted.
- New business:
- Release & Settlement agreement-Fulton Homes (corner of Wigwam and Litchfield Roads.) Landscape only! We would like copy of bid that was submitted. We also would like it indicated that we want 25% for unforeseen cost. We also would like Peri to go to legal to talk over case. Agreement: 4 Yeses & 1 Nay.
- Park survey results and proposals. If lighting is installed will it cut down on the vandalism? Where will walking path be? At the base of where the grass meets the gravel. All of the survey results were tabled for more information before reaching an agreement on what would be the first item to start on.
- Open discussion: None
- Keith Brown adjourned the meeting at 8:34 P.M.
Guest Speaker Mayor Jim Cavanaugh
Mayor Cavanaugh talks about some activities that are going on.
- The Anaheim Angels Spring Training Facilities will be coming to our town sometime in 2005. No city makes money on Spring Training but the possibilities for development is what is the long-range goal.
- Goodyear Park at Thomas and Litchfield Roads is under way and coming along well and should be up and running in May.
- The YMCA at Thomas and Litchfield Roads should be breaking ground in April of 2005. The state of the art swimming pool should be done in a year.
- The City Center, a library, a amphitheater will be going in at Yuma and Estrella Parkway in the near future.
- Wal-Mart will be coming soon.
- Different committees that are there for the pickings:
- Image Committee: How do people look at the city?
- Charter Committee: How government is to be executed.
- Bond Committee: Ways to get the towns people to allow the city to build more parks.
- City Center Committee: How do we want the city to look?
- Historical Committee: Coming soon.
- Luke Air Force Base is looking better, for not being shut down, but not yet out of the woods.
- McDowell and Litchfield to Estrella Roads is being said to be the next Bell Road. Hopefully this will not be the case, as for being that bad!
- Mayor Cavanaugh offered to come to the annual meeting to help out in what ever way he can.
Liliana Schuett is in the Community Initiatives Department. She currently works with HOA’s and would like feedback from our community.