Annual Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2006
Sunrise at Wigwam Homeowners Association
PO BOX 25466
TEMPE, AZ 85285
Attendance: Keith Edwards, Glen Foulk, Paul Krey, and Peri Swenson from Kinney Management in Attendance
- Called to order at 7:01 p.m.
- Review and approval of Open Session Meeting Minutes from May 11, 2005Śwere unanimously approved.
- Nominations for election were announced and each candidate was allowed to address those in attendance. Nominees were:
- Glen T. Foulk
- Lisa B. Juarez
- Jason Kindred
- Maria McAlister (Write-in)
- Review of Income Statement dated March 31, 2006
- Community Review
- Board plans to replace trees blown over in past storms.
- Board agrees to move forward with landscaping granite replenishment.
- The board was pleased with the high rate of collection of past due assessments.
- Bids on landscaping were skeptical to have the same company for management and landscaping, but admitted that the quality of landscaping had improved significantly.
- Street parking has improved since night tours began.
- There has been new drilling on Wigwam & Litchfield Rd.Śno new information on results.
- Open Discussion
- Concerns were made about nut grass growing in the neighborhood. It was noted that this required a separate type of chemical treatment to kill that regular weed treatment would not remedy.
Chemical had been applied once and may need a second treatment.
- A community member requested action to prohibit new rentals in the neighborhood. Peri will include a survey in the next newsletter so that the board can determine if there is interest amongst the members to move forward. Changes to the CC&R's require 3/4 participation by the community. The board believes it will be difficult and costly, but is willing to consider.
- Community members informed the board about 3-5 robberies in the neighborhood and request information on a block watch. The board agrees to provide more information and invite a police officer to speak at the next HOA meeting.
- Community requests guidelines for repainting homes. Many paint selections are no longer available by the original color names. Board would like to have community members participate in review of approved colors.
- Election Results: Glen Foulk, Lisa Juarez, and Jason Kindred elected to the board of directors.
- Adjournment at 7:52 pm.
Wigwam HOA Secretary