General Session Minutes
July 9, 2008
Sunrise at Wigwam Homeowners Association
PO BOX 25466
TEMPE, AZ 85285
Attendance: Glen Foulk, Lisa Juarez, Paul Krey, Melody Kunch, and Peri Swenson from Kinney Management.
- Meeting called to order at 7:03 p.m.
- Election of Offices. Board elected to keep positions the same.
- Glen Foulk—President
- Lisa Juarez—Vice President
- Paul Krey—Secretary
- Tyler Dixon—Treasurer
- Melody Kunch—Member at Large. Melody will also substitute for secretary as needed.
- Review and unanimous approval of meeting minutes from March 12, 2008.
- Review and acceptance of the income statement dated May 31, 2008.
- Income was higher than normal because of collections. Operating costs were also higher than normal because of the extra granite for landscaping.
- New Business:
- Reviewed the 2007-year end audit/compilation.
- Damage to park tot lot equipment will end up costing about $1,800 and should be installed by the end of the month. Replacement parts must be ordered from out or state or Canada and then have to be installed by another contractor.
- The board unanimously approved an updated Reserve Study. The HOA has many new assets that need to be figured into the reserve study and it has been several years since the last one.
- Old Business:
- Granite was delayed due to 3 bees’ nests in the two drop zones of the granite. It is now done and looks good.
- The solar light in the back of the park is complete and a homeowner expresses his gratitude.
- No board member or homeowner has expressed a desire to participate in the planning for the 2008 G.A.I.N. event. The board reminds homeowners that they can organize their own neighborhood watch. It is done on a street-by-street basis.
- Open Discussion
- A homeowner expressed frustration about getting parking violations for vehicles to cars that were not theirs. The board explained that there is no way for the management company to know if the car is theirs or not so they should call Kinney Management and they will correct / update their file.
- Adjournment at 8:00 pm.